To ensure your efforts don't go to waste we are asking residents to put all film and plastic bags into black bags only and NOT into the pink bags.
For more information please see the leaflet displayed below.
Pink bag collection
You can use pink bags for plastics. We will collect them on your pink week.
Some areas of Swansea are trialling the use of reusable bags to collect plastic. More information on this service is available on our Reusable pink bag trial.
To ensure your bags are collected for recycling:
- Use the pink bags that we provide for free
- Put your bags out for collection between 7.00pm on the evening before your collection and 7.00am on the morning of your collection day
- Wash and squash all plastic items
- Only use pink bags for plastic items
- Use our recycling and rubbish collections search to find out what day we collect your bags
Don't let your efforts go to waste
What to put in the bags
You can put all the following items together in your pink bag:
- Clean plastic food trays
- Loose plastic bottle tops and caps
- Plastic bottles with lids/caps removed
- Plastic margarine/ice cream tubs
- Plastic yoghurt pots
No thank you
Do not put any of the following items in your pink bags:
- Bubble wrap
- Cling film
- Crisp packets and chocolate wrappers with metallised plastic (shiny) insides
- Dirty items
- Electrical or electronic items
- Film lids (such as from microwave meals)
- Larger items (such as garden furniture)
- Plastic bags and carrier bags