Applications are welcome from members of the general public. Please see each individual advert for the closing date.
We value equality because quality services need people from the whole community. Please click on the advertised job for more information.
Application forms are available in a variety of formats e.g. larger print/braille/audio tape. Please contact 01792 636875 if you require any of these facilities.
Please see each advert for the closing date. Application Forms must be submitted by 5.00pm on the closing date.
Prior consideration will be given to those employees whose posts are at risk.
Internal vacancies: You will notice that the council advertises some of its vacancies as "Internal Applicants Only". These vacancies are only currently available to employees and agency workers currently engaged with the City and County of Swansea. "Internal Applicants Only" vacancies are advertised on this website as many of our employees do not work in office based locations and they access the jobs page from home.
Relief Residential Care Workers/ Kitchen Assistants/ Domestics / Community Care Assistants - Various SS71752
Closing date: 31/03/16: Salary dependent on role; You will be required to support adults with a learning disability, mental health need, physical or older person based on their individual needs in a variety of setting such as residential, day service, transport and a persons own home throughout the City and County of Swansea.
*Closing date: 31/12/15 (ongoing): Wage £7.88 per hour: School Cleaner required for various schools throughout the City and County of Swansea.
* Closing Date: 30.11.15: We are looking for a naturally caring person who is passionate and committed in supporting older people who live with Dementia, supporting with personal care, promoting people's independence and ensuring that individuals values and beliefs of dignity and privacy is respected at all times.
* Closing Date: 03.12.15: The CCTV & Alarm Monitoring Officers post is part of the Neighbourhood Support Unit and a shift rota is operated in order to provide a 24hrs service, 365 days a year.
* Closing Date: 27.11.15: We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated person to join our Operational Capital works Section within Corporate Building & Property Services.
**INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY** Closing Date: 30.11.15: A vacancy has arisen for a Job-share Clerical Officer post working 2 days per week, based at the Town Centre District Housing Office, although you will at times be expected to work in other District Housing Offices situated across the city.
* Closing Date: 03.12.15: Flexible support Service is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Apprentice Day Support Worker (30 hours) to work in it's services for people who have learning disabilities.
* Closing Date: 03.12.15: Social Development Service is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Apprentice Day Support Worker (30 hours) to work in it's services for people who have learning disabilities.
**INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY** Closing Date: 07.12.15: We are seeking to appoint a part time (18½ hours) staff member to work flexibly as part of a team to address Childcare Act 2006 duties and Childcare Sufficiency Assessment recommendations.