Applications are welcome from members of the general public. Please see each individual advert for the closing date.
We value equality because quality services need people from the whole community. Please click on the advertised job for more information.
Application forms are available in a variety of formats e.g. larger print/braille/audio tape. Please contact 01792 636875 if you require any of these facilities.
Please see each advert for the closing date. Application Forms must be submitted by 5.00pm on the closing date.
Prior consideration will be given to those employees whose posts are at risk.
Internal vacancies: You will notice that the council advertises some of its vacancies as "Internal Applicants Only". These vacancies are only currently available to employees and agency workers currently engaged with the City and County of Swansea. "Internal Applicants Only" vacancies are advertised on this website as many of our employees do not work in office based locations and they access the jobs page from home.
Relief Residential Care Workers/ Kitchen Assistants/ Domestics / Community Care Assistants - Various SS71752
Closing date: 25/10/15: Salary dependent on role; You will be required to support adults with a learning disability, mental health need, physical or older person based on their individual needs in a variety of setting such as residential, day service, transport and a persons own home throughout the City and County of Swansea.
*Closing date: 31/12/15 (ongoing): Wage £7.88 per hour: School Cleaner required for various schools throughout the City and County of Swansea.
**Closing Date 13th October 2015** Salary £22937-£26293 per annum: Applications are invited for this post within the Landscape Team to provide expert arboricultural advice in relation to applications for Tree Preservation Order Consent and related matters.
Closing Date: 20.10.15: Salary: £19742-£22212 per annum: The Children and Family Centre team are looking for an enthusiastic, creative , dynamic and hard working Officer to join their team in supporting children and families within both Swansea Children's Centre and Mayhill Family Centre.
* Closing Date: 23.10.2015: This is an exciting opportunity to join Glynn Vivian Art Gallery, one of Wales' key public galleries, located in Swansea. We are seeking to appoint a Conservation & Collections Officer for the newly redeveloped gallery due to re-open in summer 2016.
* Closing Date: 08.10.15; We are looking for enthusiastic, committed and forward thinking Occupational Therapists (OTs) to join our Housing Renewal & Adaptations team. Demand for home adaptations is high and we need OT input to help us deliver fast and effective solutions for residents
* Closing Date: 08.10.15: The Lifelong Learning and Employment Training Service is part of the Education Directorate working with adults across many communities in Swansea
We are looking for a creative and energetic Communications and Marketing Officer to join our high profile, ambitious, transformation Programme Team; Sustainable Swansea - Fit for the Future.
* Closing Date: 12th October 2015; Swansea is a remarkable place. One of the most vibrant waterfront cities in Britain, we boast a stunning shoreline, superb countryside and a progressive local authority that is committed to setting an ambitious agenda for the city and region. The exciting developments planned for the City are matched by changes in the Council. Our transformation programme, "Sustainable Swansea - fit for the future" aims to put the Council at the forefront of innovation, as well as tackling the service and financial challenges we face.
*Closing Date: 09.10.15: The successful candidate will bring their experience and skills to the role and be able to set up, develop and maintain new administrative processes within a very busy UNISON branch office.
*INTERNAL ONLY* Closing Date: 07.10.2015: Welsh in Education Officer, Welsh first language (primary) needed for one day a week on a three term secondment.
**INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY** Closing Date: 12.10.15: We are seeking to recruit a suitably proactive Day Service Officer with experience of working with adults with physical/ learning disabilities and sensory loss.
* Closing Date: 15.10.2015: We are looking to recruit to 1 full time (37 hours) and 1 part time (18.5 hours) posts along with 1 full time person (for maternity cover) Early Language Development Project workers in order to expand an established team within the Flying Start Programme. The posts will be until March 2016 in the first instance but to extend following confirmation of funding for 2016/17 .
* Closing Date: 15.10.15: We are looking for a naturally caring person who is passionate and committed in supporting older people who live with Dementia, supporting with personal care, promoting people's independence and ensuring that individuals values and beliefs of dignity and privacy is respected at all times. You will be expected to carry out your role in a professional manner and to be polite, courteous and respectful to all persons who use or visit the service.
* Closing Date: 16.10.15: An opportunity has arisen within active Swansea for an enthusiastic, dedicated gymnastic coach to be part of a successful recreational gymnastic programme. Applicants will need to be UKCC qualified at level 2 (or currently level 1 with the intention of progressing to Level 2)
**Closing date/time 12.00 16.10.2015** This post is open only to applicants within the four Western Bay Region participating organisations, namely the Unitary Authorities of Swansea, Bridgend, Neath Port Talbot and Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board (ABMU)
* Closing Date: 20/10/15: We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Practitioner with the Learning Disability Team. The role involves providing formal supervision to staff and the ability to work with individuals who have complex needs. The role will include assisting the team leader to manage the team.