Change text size
| Listen to this website Listen to this website | Text Only | Normal| Contrast| Cookies
Logo to act as a header and advert for City and County of Swansea|
Website URL : http://www.swansea.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=30660

Mutual exchange

image depicting HomeSwapper

If you are already a Council or Housing Association tenant and want to move you should consider applying for a mutual exchange.

A mutual exchange lets you swap your home with another tenant of the Council or a Housing Association.  A mutual exchange gives council and housing association tenants the opportunity to set up home in an area that meets their needs by allowing two or more tenants to swap their homes. Swapping your home in this way can be a very good way of increasing your chances of getting the home you need within a reasonable time.

Your landlord may only consider you for a mutual exchange if you have a clear rent account and you are not breaking any of your tenancy conditions.

You may also be refused a mutual exchange if the exchange would mean that one or both homes would be either overcrowded or under occupied.

If you are interested in a mutual exchange you should contact your local Neighbourhood Officer.


Homeswapper is a free mutual online mutual exchange service which has been set up for tenants looking to swap homes. Tenants of the Council or Housing Association interested in a mutual exchange should log onto the Homeswapper website.

© 2014 City and County of Swansea
Civic Centre, Oystermouth Road, Swansea. SA1 3SN. Tel: 01792 636000 Fax: 01792 636340