Change text size
| Listen to this website Listen to this website | Text Only | Normal| Contrast| Cookies
Logo to act as a header and advert for City and County of Swansea|
Website URL : http://www.swansea.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=20366


image depicting welcome greeting

How to contact the Council if you don't speak much English or Welsh.


The Council provides many services to the people of Swansea, including:

  • Housing
  • Social services
  • Education
  • Leisure and cultural activities
  • Registration of births, deaths and marriages
  • Council tax
  • Refuse collection
  • Maintenance of roads and pavements.

These services are there for everyone living in the City and County of Swansea, including those who do not speak much English (or Welsh).  We want everyone to be able to access our services.

We can provide an interpretation service so that you can speak with Council staff using your preferred language.  This is called thebigword.  If you would like to use thebigword when you visit a Council office, look for the thebigword symbol and point to your language.  Staff will then be able to call an interpreter on the telephone.

If you are telephoning us ( telephone 01792 636000 ) we need to know the following information so that an interpreter can call you back.

• your name
• your telephone number (in English)
• the language you speak. 

The national flag of France You can also use a free website translation service provided by Google to view our website in Dutch, Italian, French, Portuguese, German or Spanish.

© 2014 City and County of Swansea
Civic Centre, Oystermouth Road, Swansea. SA1 3SN. Tel: 01792 636000 Fax: 01792 636340