They do not create additional parking spaces and do not guarantee any resident a space outside their property.
To apply for a permit please complete the Application for Residents Parking Permit [33kb] form. If you are unable to download a copy then you can call into the Contact Centre in the Civic Centre or request one to be posted to your home.
Once you have completed the application form you will need to include the following documents (if you are posting your application do not send any original documents as we are unable to return them):
- Your vehicle registration document (V5) and either your Driving Licence or recent utility bill (less than 3 months old)
Once completed you can post your application form or bring it to the Contact Centre. If applying by post, a stamped self addressed envelope (9" x 6") MUST be enclosed otherwise your application will not be processed. Send your application forms to,
Frequently asked questions about applying for a residents parking permit
Q - Why do I need to provide two documents?
- It is Council policy that the registration document(V5), the Driving Licence or utility bill are produced in order to protect against fraudulent applications.
Q - What documents do I need if I am renewing my Parking Permit?
Please note that you are required to provide the same documents each year.
Q - When is the Contact Centre in the Civic Centre open to renew my Parking Permit?
- Normal office hours i.e. Monday to Thursday 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, Friday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm and Saturday 10.00 am to 3.00 pm.
Q - Is there a charge?
- Not for permits issued to or on the behalf of residents.
Q - How many permits may be issued per property?
- Up to 2 permits per property. Therefore if your house is converted into more than one unit e.g. a house split into flats, permits will be issued on a first come, first serve basis.
Q - Can I get a permit without producing one of the required documents?
- Yes, a temporary permit can be issued which is valid for one month; again up to a maximum of two permits per property.
Further information on our Residents Parking Policy is available on the right. If you need more information or would like help in applying for a permit please contact us on 01792 637366