Change text size
| Listen to this website Listen to this website | Text Only | Normal| Contrast| Cookies
Logo to act as a header and advert for City and County of Swansea|
Website URL : http://www.swansea.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=1224

Day to Day Repairs

Day to Day Repairs

What Are Day to Day Repairs

These are repairs, which cannot be planned and are repaired in response to a tenants request.

How Do I Order A Repair To My Home?

If you need to report a repair then please ring our Housing Repair Centre on 01792 635100. The Centre is open between 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.  However if you have an emergency outside of these hours or on a weekend then please ring 01792 521500.  

Alternatively you can report repairs online by following the link to the right of this page or via 'Report it' at www.swansea.gov.uk. Please note reporting repairs online is only appropriate for NON-EMERGENCY REPAIRS. If you feel your repair is an emergency please ring the Housing repairs Call Centre on 01792 635100.

How Quickly Will My Repair Be Done?

This is dependent on how urgent your repair is. The work will be put in one of three categories:

  • Emergency (to be completed within 24 hours)
  • Urgent (to be completed within 5 days)
  • Non-Urgent (to be completed within 20 days)

Some repairs to your home may need to be pre-inspected to assess what type of work needs to be carried out. As an example a pre-inspection could be ordered for a persistent leak in your home to find out its cause.  The Repairs Agent will advise you if this is necessary and give you a date for the appointment.

What Is "Right To Repair"?

"Right to Repair" is a Government scheme which the City and County of Swansea has to make available to you. The scheme allows you as customers of the City and County of Swansea to inform us if you wish us to appoint an alternative contractor but only if specified repairs are not completed within the appointed target time.

If a second contractor, who has been appointed by the Council fails to turn up then you may be entitled to claim compensation.

For more information on this, and any other repair query then please contact your Local District Housing Office, who will be able to help you further. An information leaflet about Right to Repair is available on the Communities and Local Government website.

What Are Rechargeable Repairs?

The City and County of Swansea may recover any costs for a repair that is needed because of neglect or damage caused by you or a member of your household.

© 2014 City and County of Swansea
Civic Centre, Oystermouth Road, Swansea. SA1 3SN. Tel: 01792 636000 Fax: 01792 636340