Concessionary bus passes
Free travel on local bus services in Wales for the over 60s or people with certain disabilities.
Applicants must be a permanent resident within the City and County of Swansea and they are required to satisfy one of the criteria listed below:
- People aged 60 years and over
- Severely sight impaired, sight impaired
- Profoundly or severely deaf persons
- Persons without arms or have long-term loss of the use of both arms
- Persons with a learning disability or cognitive impairment
- Persons with a disability or injury which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his or her ability to walk
- Persons who would be refused a driving licence on health grounds
How do I apply for my bus pass?
All applicants applying on age grounds (60 and over) must complete a concessionary bus pass application form. These are available in certain Post Offices or shops that have the Post Office facility. They are also available from the Civic Centre on Oystermouth Road or you can download a copy of the form below.
The completed form needs to be taken back to the Post Office or Civic Centre where applicants are required to supply:
- One official document from the list above, confirming permanent residency in Swansea
- One official document from the list above, confirming proof of date of birth or proof of automatic entitlement in the case of disability
- One current colour passport-sized photograph
Applicants applying on the grounds of disability who have completed the Disability Eligibility Assessment form, and have been deemed successful will need to show proof of permanent residency in Swansea and their letter of pass entitlement from the City and County of Swansea Transport Team.
How do I replace a lost, damaged or stolen bus pass?
If your bus pass is lost, stolen or damaged there is a £5.00 fee to pay before a new bus pass can be issued. You can find out how to replace a concessionary bus pass and apply online on our Concessionary bus pass card replacement page.
Information on eligibility, companion passes and how to use your bus pass is available on our Frequently asked questions about concessionary bus passes page.
If you need further help you can email the Transport Team. You can also phone them on 01792 636377 - Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 4.30pm.