Search site

Concessionary bus passes

Free travel on local bus services in Wales for the over 60s or people with certain disabilities.

Applicants must be a permanent resident within the City and County of Swansea and they are required to satisfy one of the criteria listed below:

  • People aged 60 years and over
  • Severely sight impaired, sight impaired
  • Profoundly or severely deaf persons
  • Persons without arms or have long-term loss of the use of both arms
  • Persons with a learning disability or cognitive impairment
  • Persons with a disability or injury which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his or her ability to walk
  • Persons who would be refused a driving licence on health grounds

How do I apply for my bus pass?

All applicants applying on age grounds (60 and over) must complete a concessionary bus pass application form. These are available in certain Post Offices or shops that have the Post Office facility. They are also available from the Civic Centre on Oystermouth Road or you can download a copy of the form below.

PDF Document Concessionary bus pass application form (PDF, 285kb)Opens new window

The following Post Offices within the City & County of Swansea process All Wales Concessionary Travel Pass application forms on behalf of the Council:

PDF Document Post Offices (PDF, 5kb)Opens new window

The completed form needs to be taken back to the Post Office or Civic Centre where applicants are required to supply: 

  • One official document from the list above, confirming permanent residency in Swansea
  • One official document from the list above, confirming proof of date of birth or proof of automatic entitlement in the case of disability
  • One current colour passport-sized photograph

Applicants applying on the grounds of disability who have completed the Disability Eligibility Assessment form, and have been deemed successful will need to show proof of permanent residency in Swansea and their letter of pass entitlement from the City and County of Swansea Transport Team.

How do I replace a lost, damaged or stolen bus pass?

If your bus pass is lost, stolen or damaged there is a £5.00 fee to pay before a new bus pass can be issued. You can find out how to replace a concessionary bus pass and apply online on our Concessionary bus pass card replacement page.

Information on eligibility, companion passes and how to use your bus pass is available on our Frequently asked questions about concessionary bus passes page.

If you need further help you can email the Transport Team. You can also phone them on 01792 636377 - Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 4.30pm.

TrawsCymru Services

From Saturday 8th July 2017 until at least May 2018, weekend travel on TrawsCymru buses is free.  You do nothave to be a Concessionary Bus Pass holder to enjoy this benefit. 

This free travel is subject to availability on Saturdays and Sundays only.  It is not applicable on Bank Holidays, which do not fall on a weekend.  Please refer to the map below for details of TrawsCymru services.

PDF Document TrawsCymru (PDF, 236kb)Opens new window

Concessionary bus pass card replacement

If your bus pass is lost, stolen or damaged there is a £5.00 fee to pay before a new bus pass can be issued.

Reduced priced travel for 16, 17 and 18 year olds in Wales

If you are 16, 17 or 18 you can receive 1/3 discount off your bus travel with the mytravelpass. The card is free.

Powered by GOSS iCM