Dogs on beaches
There are restrictions on dogs on some beaches and sea fronts in Swansea.
Dogs, except guide dogs for the blind, are banned from the following areas.
- Swansea Bay - from the River Tawe to the slip opposite Victoria Park and from the beach access at Sketty Lane to the northern edge of the slip at the West Cross Inn
- Bracelet Bay
- Limeslade Bay
- Rotherslade Bay
- Langland Bay
- Caswell Bay
- Port Eynon beach - from the eastern edge of the steps to Port Eynon beach to the eastern edge of Horton beach access.
The byelaws are in operation from 1 May to 30 September inclusive every year.
Any council officer or police officer may require you to remove your dog from the beach. Any offenders may be liable for a fine of up to £500.
Beaches where you can take your dog all year round are:
We also have some restrictions about dogs being kept on leads. You need to keep your dog on a lead on many roads in Swansea and on:
- The entire promenade at Swansea Bay (from the River Tawe to the Knab Rock car park, Mumbles)
- The promenades at Langland Bay and Rotherslade
- The promenade at Caswell Bay.
If you fail to keep your dog on a lead you could be fined up to £200.
View Dogs on beaches in a larger map