Garden waste collection
You use the reusable white bags for your garden waste. We will collect it on your Green Week.
How to use the service
To ensure your bags are collected for recycling:
- Only use the bags that are provided by or bought from us
- Put your bags out for collection between 7.00pm on the evening before your collection and 7.00am on the morning of your collection day
- You can put out up to 10 garden bags per collection
- Replacement/additional bags can be purchased from the Civic Centre and a number of other locations at 50p each
- Prevent your bags going astray by writing your house number on them
- You may place a weight next to the bags to help secure bags after they have been emptied
- Use our recycling and rubbish collection search to find out what day we collect your bags
Once collected, these materials are shredded and composted. This soil enhancer is available free of charge from the Tir John Household Waste Recycling Centre (link to map)Opens new window, Danygraig Road at St Thomas throughout the year.
What to put in the bags
You can put the following items in your garden waste bag:
- Hedge and lawn cuttings
- Leaves and plant matter
- Sticks and twigs
No thank you
Do not put the following items in your garden waste bag:
- Animal waste
- Food waste
- Invasive plants eg Japanese Knotweed
- Large branches or logs
- Plastic bags
- Soil, stones or rubble
How to get more bags
The garden waste bags are reusable and will be returned to you after each collection by the crew. Should you need replacement bags or want additional bags you can buy them from the Civic Centre and a number of other locations at 50p each.
Any questions or problems?
You can use our Missed recycling and rubbish collection form for a number of queries or problems including missed collections as well as requesting new bags. If you wish to report missed collections please wait until after 4.00pm on the day of your collection to give the crews enough time to have completed your area. Also please note that garden waste is collected by a separate crew to green bags so maybe collected earlier or later than your green bags.
For further advice or information about using the recycling services in Swansea you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01792 635600
You can also find advice on how to recycle or dispose of specific items in Swansea Waste Forum's A-Z of WasteOpens new window.