The way in which you apply for Community Chest funding has changed.
Please click on the link at the bottom of this page which will take you to the online application process. For more information please contact Nia Parry on 01792 635452.
Fancy £1500 towards your community sports club or project?
Through the Community Chest scheme sports clubs and community groups in Swansea can benefit from funding of up to £1500.
What is Community Chest?
Community Chest is a Sports Wales grant aid scheme funded by the National Lottery. Its main aim is to offer funding that will support individuals, clubs, teams or organisations in creating a more active Wales. Comm unity Chest scheme offers grants up to a maximum of £1,500 for sports clubs and other organisations with a sporting or physical activity interest in any 12 month period.
The aims of Community Chest are to:
- Encourage more people to become active, more often
- Raise the standards of existing activities / facilities
- Create new or improve sport and physical activity opportunities
Please note, applicants are able to claim a second £1500 if their application is based on one of the 2 priority areas. To be eligible they must demonstrate that their application either:
- Better prepares clubs to cater for interest generated via 2012; or
- Tackles inequality - BME, disability (inclusion), women and girls, social inclusion.
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to any sports club or organisation, provided they have a bank or building society account in the name of the organisation.
The grant could be used to support some of the following projects:
- Projects which encourage greater participation in sport or physical activity
- Recruitment and development of leaders and coaches
- Extending sports cubs in order to provide new opportunities for new and existing members
- Organisations seeking to develop physical activity and / or sporting projects within the workplace
- Walking or cycling projects
How to apply?
The application process is now completed online. Follow the link below.
If you need any assistance completing the form please do not hesitate to contact Nia Parry who will be more than willing to help with the process.
Below are the closing dates for the Community Chest application forms 2015/16.
14th April 2015 (Deadline: 31 March 2015)
16th June 2015 (Deadline: 2 June 2015)
11th August 2015 (Deadline: 28 July 2015)
20th October 2015 (Deadline: 6 October 2015)
1st December 2015 (Deadline: 17 November 2015)
19th January 2016 (Deadline: 5 January 2016)