Fancy £1500 towards your community sports club or project?
Through the Community Chest scheme sports clubs and community groups in Swansea can benefit from funding of up to £1500.
What is Community Chest?
Community Chest is a Sports Wales grant aid scheme funded by the National Lottery. Its main aim is to offer funding that will support individuals, clubs, teams or organisations in creating a more active Wales.
Community Chest scheme offers grants up to a maximum of £1,500 for sports clubs and other organisations with a sporting or physical activity interest in any 12 month period.
The aims of Community Chest are to:
- Encourage more people to become active, more often
- Raise the standards of existing activities / facilities
- Create new or improve sport and physical activity opportunities
Please note, applicants are able to claim a second £1500 if their application is based on one of the 2 priority areas. To be eligible they must demonstrate that their application either:
- Better prepares clubs to cater for interest generated via 2012; or
- Tackles inequality - BME, disability (inclusion), women and girls, social inclusion.
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to any sports club or organisation, provided they have a bank or building society account in the name of the organisation.
The grant could be used to support some of the following projects:
- Projects which encourage greater participation in sport or physical activity
- Recruitment and development of leaders and coaches
- Extending sports cubs in order to provide new opportunities for new and existing members
- Organisations seeking to develop physical activity and / or sporting projects within the workplace
- Walking or cycling projects
How to apply?
Unsure if your sports club or organisations meet the criteria? Contact us today to find out.
Contact Nia Parry, Sport Development on 01792 635452 or email Nia.Parry@swansea.gov.uk for an application pack or alternatively download the application form.
If you need any assistance completing the form please do not hesitate to contact Nia Parry who will be more than willing to help with the process.
Below are the closing dates for the Community Chest application forms 2014/15.
|Closing Date||Panel Meeting|